The first congress of Iranians active in the tourism industry
“Sustainable and resilient tourism in Iran”
17 and 18 December 2022
The purpose of holding the first session of this congress is to create a ground for sharing theoretical and practical knowledge and to provide practical solutions in order to implement and realize “sustainable and resilient tourism in Iran”. This congress, by bringing together Persian-speaking researchers and tourism activists inside and outside the country, intends to provide a suitable ground for presenting the latest scientific and professional achievements of tourism and hotel management in Persian, and key proposals for reviving and re-creating this industry. Provide. Persian speakers mean all Iranians of different ethnicity from around the world, as well as citizens of other countries, whether Iranian or non-Iranian, who can speak Persian.
The importance of sustainable tourism, especially after the corona crisis, has been emphasized by researchers and activists in all countries. Iran is no exception to this rule due to the importance of different types of tourism and various events and their effective role in the national and local economy, and special attention to this issue should be among the priorities of this industry. The way forward for the revitalization of tourism requires understanding the different needs and strategies so that related businesses can more effectively deal with current crisis situations and possible future crises. Therefore, presenting new and efficient ideas and methods that provide sustainable and resilient tourism for different sectors of the industry, seems more and more vital.
The following areas will be addressed in this congress:
– Crisis and short-term and long-term strategies for tourism and hotel recovery
– Crisis management and resilience in tourism
– Sustainable development of tourist destinations
– The role of technology in the recovery of tourism and hotel management
– Innovative approaches to tourism (such as cultural, ecological, religious, genealogy (Diaspora, and health)
– Behavior of tourists and host communities in times of crisis
– Training human resources to increase the resilience of tourism businesses in crisis situations
During the two-day congress (December 26 and 27, 1401, coinciding with December 17 and 18, 2022) in the hotel ….. located in Tehran, with the presence of more than 500 Persian-speaking people and active in the field of resident tourism Inside and outside Iran, lectures and discussion sessions on the above topics will be planned and conducted. Also, in this congress, the results of research of researchers, students and stakeholders will be presented in the form of an article. The best papers of this congress will be considered for publication in prestigious scientific journals and the book The Bridging Tourism Theory and Practice by Emerald. In the other part of the congress, scientific and experimental workshops will be planned and implemented for researchers, students, as well as tourism activists.
After two days of the congress, it is possible to hold and carry out various activities as follows:
1) Holding one-day workshops with the presence of Iranian professors and activists living inside and outside Iran in a city that is interested in hosting. In these workshops, various topics are discussed with a focus on the host city.
2) Holding a one-day online program on World Tourism Day with lectures and discussion sessions related to sustainable tourism
Iran in line with the proposed axis of the World Tourism Organization for 2022.